Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Day / Date of Meeting Tuesday 7pm – 25 November 2014

Venue Muirhouse Community Centre

Draft Agenda

1. Apologies

2. Presented discussion notes of Previous Meeting;

3. Any follow up from previous meeting / Matters Arising

4. Correspondence

5. Treasurers Report –

6. Police Report (if represented)

7. Action Group Report Back

8. Local Councillors – open discussion time, with those present

9. AOCB

10. Date of next meeting – 16 December 2014

11. Close

What you think?

“LOOKING FOR MUIRHOUSE RESIDENTS TO TAKE PART IN A FOCUS GROUP

Ashley is a final year Geography student at the University of Edinburgh.

As part of her final years study, she is undertaking research on the regeneration taking place in Muirhouse and WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

If you or any other residents you know would be interested in taking part in a small focus group to discuss WHAT YOU THINK about the regeneration going on in your area and the future of Muirhouse, email her for further details at: amcdonald1168@gmail.com

Thank you! Ashley McDonald

Please share it is vitally important for this student that she gets the support of a few residents.

She has booked Muirhouse Millennium Centre on Tuesday the 25th November Between 6.30pm and 8.30pm”

Minute Notes from Muirhouse & Salvesen Community Council Meeting 21.10.2014,
held at MMC 8:15PM (unapproved)

1. Chair proceeded to take meeting forward and thanked attendees.
2. Apologies-Forth Ward Cllrs,Redparth Jackson,Cardownie,Day.CClr B Stevensen
3. Previous minute 2.07.2014 – agreed JD JM
a. Matters arising – still awaiting response form Work Group on reply letter received from TRIM – moved to next meeting
b. Steve Cuthill – JD awaiting response to fencing around the park
c. Awaiting further information from WA re Graigroyston Grove Comm Association
d. RD,JD taking forward of Friends of Linear Park – JD to arrange a meeting
4. This meeting
a. MT raised issue on Street lighting in Craigroyston Grove coming on late/dark –JD gave info how to report
b. MT raised issue around caravans around the grove especially on properties belonging to MHA – RD gave info to report to office and he will follow up at a meeting
c. RD raised issue with refuge bins set on fire regularly in 43-45 Muirhouse Drive. CMc stated will take it up with Partnership
5. Correspondence
a. Letter from NHS Lothian re outcome of Dispensary at 55 Muirhouse Gardens was rejected.
6. Treasurers Report
a. WA still to sign signature application with bank
b. Cheques to MMC rental and My Adventure donation £200.00 dispatched
c. No bank balance statement to hand
7. AOCB – NONE TO RECORD

8. Chair thanked everyone for their support and closed the meeting Date of next meeting 25.11.2014

End

These AGM minute notes are published for information only due to details presented by Christine Mackay.

Muirhouse & Salvesen Community Council
21 October 2014 AGM – Muirhouse Millennium Centre (unapproved)
1. The chair welcomed everyone and suggested that the agenda points should changed to allow a longer time discussion with the guest speaker. This was agreed.
2. In Attendance; R Douglas, J Davidson, J Moore, J McGinty, G Davie, PC H Lyon North Team, C Mackay Total Craigroyston manager.
3. Apologies; Cllr’s Jackson, Cardownie, Redpath, Day. B Stevenson
4. Slide presentation; C Mackay
Points presented; what Total Craigroyston are trying to do/highlighting the 2 initiatives the Edinburgh Partnership focused on Families, young families, children.
What the people in the community say; notes from community information gathering – statement in the past local officials not seeing the big picture of the community of the services which is provided as all together. Has taken time to share with departments to see this type of way forward, not just focus on a day to day crisis.
Community aspirations the road map – what is working well in community engagement/what is need to be achieved
Total Craigroyston Model – open to everyone, no stigmatism, get family support in quickly. Courts seem to slow the process down, especially with local issues that are causing frustration in the community at the moment (joy riding)
Going Forth Together/partners
What difference does all this make – before services not joined up, others not wanting to know what others are doing? Better communications
Local comments from local residents and staff – closer working partnership, joined up services. Parents and local people feel more included. Community shop is an asset to the community locating/engaging with people is far from engagement.
Local parent groups in schools.
Awareness of Community plans.
Working towards anything which keep children in school –more local young people achieving a positive destination.
Outcomes so far: s school attainment is improving, rate of exclusions reducing, literacy at P1 is improving
What is still a concern-attendance is below target, the number of families having a housing crisis increased 2013/14,under 16’s offences still the highest in Edinburgh (2013) –behaviour issues ages 3 4 5’s
Going forward – Excellent Universal Services, support to families, building a strong community.

Various comments were discussed around the table. C Mc was thanked for her presentation.

5. Police report;
-ongoing issues with bikers, more police drafted in
-sheds broken into Salvesen and Silverknowes Eastway
-Fireworks campaign – sales to younger people, test cases
-stones thrown at buses , will link up with Total Craigroyton
-Shop Owner at the Pennywell shops wanting to know what is happening with the roof? RD updated on situation from Improving Muirhouse/Pennywell (IMP) meetings
-young offenders cannot get through the system quick enough, children’s reporter.

6. AGM – no minute note taken forward from previous year
7. CCouncil overview 2013-14
-Pennywell and Muirhouse Master Planning & New Health Partnership building. members of the CC becoming involved to raise community aspirations and keep parties to account on promises. Community pay back incentives by developers, not just all talk;
The spend; 21st Century Homes – Pennywell/Muirhosue 36.5 mil, W Pilton Crescent housing 4.0 mil,Nth West Partnership Health Centre 11.1 mil, Muirhouse Housing Association 26.1mil = 77.7 million pounds invested into this community.
-Members attending local Forth Partnership meetings, IMP, NP reps, NHS .reporting back to the CCouncil meetings. Provision notes and advertising.
-Supporting local groups –Centipede project, Community Shop, Formation of Friends of the Park. Local improvements to the area with local Neighbourhoods Grants (NEP)

2014-15 on ward
-Establishing Friends of the Park as a recognised group
-More volunteers attending meetings in the N Partnership networks
-Continue to work with local organisations
-work towards a Neighbourhood Watch
-Maintain what we already have and begin to do it better

8. Financial Report 2013-14
RD presented financial reports of income and expenditure for the period.
Total Income = 781.34
Total Expenditure = 850.03
Interest accum = 0.00
Bank Balance @31.03.14 = 714.69
Accepted and approved by JD JM

9. New member nominations – none received

10. AOCB – none

THIS PART OF THE MEETING CONCLUDED, Chair thanked all contributions

Date of Next AGM 20.10.2015

The latest Total Craigroyston newsletter is now available to view online. Click on the image below to read the latest updates. Paper copies will be in the community shop. If you have any comments please get in touch at info@totalcraigroyston.co.uk

http://www.totalcraigroyston.co.uk

Dates of Meetings

Date of Meetings – 2014 – 2015

Venue; Muirhouse Millennium Centre @ 7:00PM unless advised

21 OCTOBER – AGM

25 NOVEMBER

16 DECEMBER
————————————–
17 FEBRUARY 2015

17 MARCH

20 APRIL

19 MAY

16 JUNE

SUMMER RECESS

15 SEPTEMBER

20 OCTOBER – Annual AGM

ANY RESIDENTS OF MUIRHOUSE/PENNYWELL/SALVESEN WELCOME TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS

Minute notes 2 July 2014

Minutes from the Muirhouse & Salvesen community council meeting,
2 July 2014, Muirhouse Millennium community Centre @ 7pm (approved)

1. Apologies; Cllr’s Day,Red Path,Jackson, Cardownie. J Moore M Templeton B Stevenson
2. Present; R Douglas JDavidson G Burrows W Adams A McMillan A Munro Fran ,
Visitors: Josh North Edinburgh Young Peoples Forum; S Cuthill North Office Environmental Officer, PC T Lawrence Police Scotland
-request from the chair to move agenda sequence; SCuthill to follow Police report and other items follow, agreed
3. Previous minute 20.5.14 for approval – moved WA seconded JD
a) clarification re AB resignation, it was recoded at the beginning of the year that AB would continue with sectaries duties until summer recess, she has wished us all the best for the future of CC. b) CATS = Community Access to Schools
- Matters Arising ; 5a) JD relayed message on behalf of TRIM re liaison with MK grandparents and wished re donations to fund a children’s programme at MMC. He went on to report of intended TRIM calling a Public Meeting and requested that the CC supported the idea. He hoped indeed discussion at the Public Meeting the amounts which have been donated and collected by TRIM and discuss what the Community members would wish as a memorial/tribute to MK.
4. Correspondence; – NHS Questionnaire “Shaping the Future of NHS” - Letter from TRIM addressed/passed to Work Group
-Newsletter from Spokes
5. Police Report; Crimes in the area –Vehicle crimes, vandalism, house breaking, bicycles and thefts from garden sheds. Discussion on Motor cycle thefts and young people speeding in the parks and along the public roads. PC Lawrence went onto report how the Police were responding to these acts of crime and assured members that Police Scotland were doing as much as they can to bring the perpetrators to book.WA + JH asked if the station had discussions with the local Youth Forum and if they were visiting Youth Groups in the area;set up initiatives to give youth awareness to road safety, working on motor bike initiatives like RUTE? , an initiative that works with young people in Cardiff with off road bikes. SC added that such initiatives would involve quite a bit of funding for equipment and for insurance, and went on to mention Council concerns and protocols.
Members thanked the PC for attending and his report details.
6. Steve Cuthill – Environmental Manager North Office in Neighbourhood Partnership based at W/Pilton Grdns (NELO)
Discussion followed covering;
-Friends of Linear Park group, its remit, will continue to meet with parks ranger.
-re grass cutting of the park not on a cutting time cycle, due to weather and staff changes and re regulations. He went onto inform the group constraints re overtime for workers. RD expressed that the council along with their duty of care to the community had a responsibility regarding the wellbeing of the community by having a well maintained park that people of all ages can use for recreation which currently was not fit for purpose ”if the park looks like a tip people would use it as one” SC apologised and agreed getting the park back to a acceptable standard would be a priority and with regular cut cycle.
-WA asked about gap sites around the top area of the park Craigroyston Grove and lack of maintenance service to this area, SC committed to have this area put on the grass cutting cycle along with the regular weed spraying.
-RD referenced the weeds that are growing around the library paring area and other areas i.e. opening to the park by the bollards, SC will have this dealt with and will take up with the Neighbourhood Manager Peter Strong for more money allocation.
-JD mentioned a way forward for a Social Enterprise to maintain these areas. Group agreed that this would be a good idea but who will take it forward, organisations that once would have helped community groups in such a venture are gone (Nth Edin Trust)
-Update on Football pitch – SC informed the group that investigative processes were completed. Discussions with Sport Scotland and process for tendering were signed off and we should see work begin end Aug/September 2014
-JD pointed out the repair of the parks surrounding fencing, SC replied he would look into but suggestions were not impossible.

Mr Cuthill was thanked for his attendance and the group would look forward to his response to the points raised.

7. Treasurers Report – distributed 2013-14 collated accounts from Independent Examiner for acceptance; WA queried on Misc item = £16:75; RD explained, this was a gift of a box of chocs as a token of appreciation to the Independent Examiner who does not charge for her service.
- Income for the year 2013-14 = £781.34, Expenditure = £850.03, Account balance as at 31.09.14 = £714.69
Report was accepted and adopted – WA and agreed JD. Report can be presented at next AGM
Copy to be submitted to the Council E Hewitt
8. Friends of the Park Group deputation,- members of the group welcomed SC comments and support and look forward to a future partnership. WA requested that the CC support the new group, members agreed.
9. Action Group report back; RD gave verbal report on upcoming NEP projects for approval to the NP board and the 21 Century Homes project. – RD presented further points re new NW Medical Partnership Building, disappointment that community aspirations re design or even where the entrance should be have been ignored. Will be going to full council for adoption next few weeks. NEArts will be putting forward proposals to having local art work and other visual presentations featured in the entrance area to the building.
10. Local Councillors – no reports presented
11. AOCB;
-e/mail from Drylaw/Telford CC re 42,38 bus service affecting shopping centre, agreed the CC will support our neighbouring CC on their objections.
-Graigroyston Grove Community Association – WA presented the set up of this new residents group, aim for the street to be a child friendly one.Heasked the CC to support it, agreed. SC volunteered to assist with further information that is needed to set the group up.

12. Date of next meeting ; 16 Sept – reminder AGM 21 October bring a friend
13. Close – safe holidays.
end/

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 80 other followers